Saturday, March 23, 2013

Shark's Day

Today was all about our little boy. It's (hopefully) our last Saturday as a threesome and we just wanted to focus on how awesome he is. We should be doing that every day, I know, but it's hard to just let go and stop cleaning up his messes and telling him "no!" sometimes. So today we just said yes. It stinks that it has been raining for the last 48 hours because really what our kid likes most is to be outside. We still went out, but it wasn't very much fun for me and he may wake up with pneumonia.

We started the morning on the living room floor inside a giant couch cushion/blanket fort that we built. It was kind of a tunnel shape and we would thrown tennis balls inside and he would run and get them and bring them back and put them through a tube. Basically, we played fetch. But he liked it and he was happy and busy for a while. Then, of course, we destroyed the fort and played king of the hill and dog piled into the fallen cushions.

Side note: Today was a sad day when I realized he is dropping one of his naps and moving on to just one a day. After several days of me putting him down at the normal time and him just playing in his crib for sometimes an hour I decided it's time to give it up.


After some quiet time/alone time in his crib (supposed to have been napping) we set up the high chair as a sensory station. I tried showing him how to color but he didn't care for it much. So I dumped a bunch of uncooked rice onto the tray and he had a blast running his fingers through it, stirring it with a colored pencil, and throwing it all over the place. I tried to show him the corn starch and water goo but he didn't care about that either...what?! So we stuck with the rice and colored pencils. 

A lot of the rice and all of the colored pencils ended up on the floor so we got out some "drums" for a jam sesh and the pencils were our drum sticks. It was glorious. Shark loves my camera and lunges for it when I try to get pictures of him so his drum solo is not documented very well. 










Another side not: Baby boy has refused almost ALL food for going on two weeks now. It has been extremely frustrating for mom and son and meal times are not pretty around here. On the bright side, much fewer poopy diapers. 

We made chicken quesadillas for lunch with a cucumber salad on the side and *gasp* Shark ate it! And he ate a lot of it. Including the cucumber part. So I was beaming and feeling like today was the greatest day ever. Then he went down for his nap (and I, mine.) 

After his real nap, the one where he slept, we went out to Sonic to share a milk shake. He loves being at Sonic because he gets to get out of his car seat and sit in front with Mom and Dad. He pretends to drive and rolls down the window and yells out his jibberish order. It's reeeeeeaaalllllyyy cute. And the girls on skates think he is absolutely adorable when they get to our window with the food and he is sitting at the wheel like a boss. 

Once home, Sharkie was immediately at the front door begging to go outside. And he is so smart about it. He brings us our shoes and jackets and then he even gets his OWN shoes and jacket, and I'm telling you that is special because this one does not wear shoes. He hates them (he gets that from momma). We protested and told him it was way to cold and rainy but then I just thought.."oh well. Let's just go out." Sometimes I do that. I just decide "Oh well." Maybe not the best parenting technique? So out we went. The thunder was loud--Another, other side note: We can do T-storms here in the south like you've never seen (or heard) in Idaho or Utah. This is what Garth Brooks was singing about. The thunder is angry and the lightning is fierce! And the rain pours for hours on end, or days.--Shark doesn't even notice the thunder. What a weirdo. It was also pretty cold. At first he just stood on the porch watching the rain then he decided to head out and enjoy himself regardless of the conditions. 



He tried pulling us out into the rain with him but he fought it and stayed on the porch for the most part.


Yeah those socks are about shot. 






Dad got sick of watching him just stand there and decided he needed some direction on how to play in the rain. So he went out and showed him how to splash and dance.



Stomp, stomp!




We wrapped the day up with a nice, warm soak in the tub. Complete with a bubble beard and toupee. I was really jealous and wanted to climb in the hot water with him after being outside. Can't wait to comfortably fit in the tub again :) I loved playing with my boys today, I couldn't have asked for a better day. Or a better Sonic Blast, it was fantastic. We've got some BBQ pulled pork in the crock pot for our post church feast tomorrow and I can't wait to wake up to another day with the my loves. So blessed. 

Blowing kisses to you!


Keep following, next post: Introducing Baby girl! (Already?! I know.)

No comments:

Post a Comment