From Utah we drove our two cars to Loveland, CO to my in-law's home. I knew I would struggle making the 8 hour drive alone with a 1 year old. My good friend Lisa must have known also because she grabbed her little tyke and jumped in the car with us to make the trip. It was fantastic. The kids were as good as we could have hoped for and my cankles liked getting a break from driving every now and then.
We went to Colorado because my father-in-law and sweet mother-in-law volunteered (sort of) to make the drive to Arkansas with Bear while me and the babe waited for them to get there then flew out from Denver. They took the scenic route and stopped in Albuquerque, NM for a couple of days for Bear to spend some brother time before leaving forever :'(or so it seems). That left Lisa and I just under a week to say our goodbyes and get depressed about leaving each other. We both flew out from Denver at the same time, each going our separate ways. It was sad. She was a tremendous help in getting me to the airport and through security, even with her own baby to take care of. She's Super Woman. She really is. Not to mention how much better I felt having her with me that week with my in-laws house all to myself. I am super paranoid and scared of everything if I have to be home alone so if it weren't for her company I'm pretty sure I would have gone an entire week without shutting my eyes. And my heart probably would have exploded from constantly beating so hard. Needless to say, I love her. To death. Forever and ever. She's even letting me fly her out when the baby is born to watch me make a fool of myself trying to raise two babies at once. And I'm sure I won't be able to stop her from cooking and cleaning relentlessly while she is here. She's a good egg. Okay moving on.
He missed Oklahoma but I think that's the only one. It was a LOT of driving for him. I'm impressed, and very proud of him. He made it safely and spent a day showing his parents around his new stomping grounds before I arrived. Once I got there we stayed in Little Rock for 2 nights. It was our anniversary/Valentine's day and this was "The big city" compared to where we would be living. After Little Rock we made the drive to our new hometown, Camden. It was about a 2 hour drive. Once there, we spent the rest of the week in a junky smelly hotel while we looked for a place to rent. Shark was such a trooper, bless him.

No comments:
Post a Comment