The landscape, on the other hand, is seriously gorgeous! The trees are about to swallow me anywhere I go and when you get a break the in trees you can see little lakes or old train tracks hidden all over the place. The deer are a dime a dozen but smaller than ones I am used to and the birds are huge! And they are always singing. It is warmer and sunnier and the rainstorms are killer!
These are some adorable pictures of Shark at the hotel "calling" Grandpa and Grandma O
This is our humble abode and my two handsome boys.
Shark boy helping rake up leaves in the yard.

We are waiting on our tax return to buy a washer and dryer and have had to use the laundromat a couple of times. Thankfully, a woman from the ward has let me come over and use her machines which is a lot easier on us.
Sharky boy is loving the outdoor time and he tries to break out the front door every chance he gets. AND I'm proud to report that he is successfully walking his little buns all over the place. Thank goodness. He wants to be carried around a lot less and I'm so grateful. Now he just grabs me by the hand and leads me around showing me everything he finds. It's adorable. He's sleeping well, eating well, learning new words. He is obsessed with brushing his teeth and you won't catch the kid without a tooth brush in his hand. He can climb up onto the toilet, open up Dad's cupboard and grab a brush (he doesn't care who it belongs to), then onto the bathroom counter where he brushes in the mirror forever. I have to drag him kicking and screaming out of the bathroom and keep the door shut. He has changed so much in just this last month. I am so blessed to witness this precious time. I'm grateful I get to be home with him all day.
Loving the park in February. That's right, FEBRUARY! Sweet.
This is the (blurry) face of a boy who's momma won't let him go outside.
This is the (squishy) face of a boy who reeeealllly wants to go outside.
This is the face of a boy who compromised going outside for a ride on Trigger the horse.
I found a doctor here who would take me but it was harder than I thought. I was actually turned down a couple of times and even the doctor who took me took a day to "approve" me. I broke down in tears first, then I just felt angry and thought, "Well which ever of you is on call will be delivering this baby when I show up at the hospital so maybe you'd like to meet me and look through my chart first. Because it's happening no matter what." Then the doc accepted me, PHEW! He isn't an OB but there is only one in the town and he said no. In a town this small the family doctors do everything apparently. There isn't a pediatrician. But it's all good. There are kids here who are alive so I think it will all work out :)
I know this post is getting long but a lot has happened over the last few weeks and I haven't had Internet until now to write about any of it. I have to put in a word about our church. Below is our building. It's tiny.
We attend a branch of about 50 people and it is vastly different from any church service I have attended. But there is something really special about it. Some of the people in the branch have to drive 45 minutes each way to get here. There is a very strong spirit there and I can really tell that each of these members care deeply about their Heavenly Father. They have the strongest testimonies of anyone I have met. They are the ones who really want to be there. The church is not strong here in the south but they try everyday to bring people in. They won't ever give up. People participate and have great input during the lessons, it is awesome! They have welcomed us with open arms and have really made us feel at home. I can't wait to do my part and return the service to them that they have given to us. This will be a great experience, I'm sure of it. Bear has been called as a counselor in the Young Men's, but we joke and call it the Young Man instead because there is only one. I am looking forward to getting a calling of my own and having something worth while to fill up any of my spare time. Did I mention they are even throwing me a baby shower? And we have been fed dinner on multiple occasions already. Offers to take Bear hunting are pouring in and everyone is ready to help out with Shark when the baby comes. We are blessed. We have found some proxy family members while ours are so far away.







YAY! I loved those little wards filled with wonderful, kind, often quirky, but always loving people that I went to on my mission in the south. I'm so excited for you and your little fam and I'm so glad to hear that Shark is loving walking around. Makes a big difference for momma! :) You are brave and awesome for making this move and choosing to accept less-than-ideal changes with such an open heart. Your family will be a blessing to this ward, just as I'm sure they will be a blessing to you guys! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you made it safely to Arkansas! I can't imagine traveling that far being super pregnant... good for you. I love hearing about your sweet ward members who are taking care you and your cute family! Oliver is the CUTEST. Oh my gosh. Now when is that baby girl due?? I can't wait to see her!
ReplyDelete