Friday, January 11, 2013

1 Year

When Oliver was born he weighed 9 lbs 7 oz (82.27 percentile). He clocked in lengthwise at 22.5 inches (99.25 percentile). After a year of minimal bumps and bruising, no sickness, and learning 1,000,000 new tricks he weighs in at nearly 26 lbs (95.59 percentile) and almost 33 inches long (99.81 percentile). Can you imagine growing over 12 inches in just a year? That takes a lot of work. And a lot of new baby clothes. No wonder babies sleep so much (not always when you want them to, however). Let's put the giant-ness of my "little" boy into perspective here, out of 10,000 1 year old babies, only 19 would be taller than him. When we got home from the his doctor appointment Austin asked me, "would they know by now if he had Marfan Syndrome?" He's a dork.

Oliver is a huge source of joy and blessings in our home. His smiles and laughter are contagious. His mood really controls the rest of us. He loves to make you laugh. He acts like such a goof ball to get a chuckle out of you, which doesn't take much. He is climbing all over everything and consequently falling right back off. He is SO close to walking and my pregnant hips are counting down the days until they get a little time off. Not a lot of time, unfortunately. I have to write this post right now because he's actually been a little monster every night this week from about 3:45am to 5:45am, so I have to write about how great he is so I let go of my grudge.

He's a fantastic boy and he's going to be a fantastic big brother...eventually. He tends to maul little babies right now. They do look kind of like toys. Baby girl will probably spend a lot of her early life in a swing up on a table out of reach from our little hellion. I say that with love. I love watching him discover new things he can reach and new furniture he can climb on. I try to stay only a few steps behind so I can catch him if he slips from too high. I'm not always successful but he usually pops right back up after only a few tears. I love him.

Might I add that if new baby comes as early as Oliver did, 12 days, which the doctor told me was very likely, she will be here in only 69 days! 2 and a half months. And we are homeless...update soon on our crazy, unorganized living situation and unpredictable future.

No comments:

Post a Comment