I do think it is time to do an update post on this pregnancy. Just this week I have noticed my tummy grow. It was suddenly difficult to shave my legs, put on shoes, climb back and forth from the front seat to the back seat in the car, etc. Over night I got uncomfortable. I'm not that uncomfortable yet, it just all came so suddenly and it brings on horrible memories of just how uncomfortable I'm going to be from here on out. My wedding ring doesn't fit on my sausage finger anymore, and I cannot cough, laugh, jump, sneeze, or think about any of the aforementioned acts without peeing a little. And I do Kegals! Well, kind of. They actually make me have to pee if I do them for too long.
Up to this point my pregnancy has been so incredibly easy that I forget that I am pregnant most of the time, besides being self conscious about my bod. I'm always worried when I go out in public that people can't tell I am pregnant, they just think I am fat. Which I am, but I want to use the pregnant excuse while I can. I'm carrying weird. Baby sits very high and I am gaining weight all over rather than all tummy. I was shopping for maternity clothes recently and the cashier actually asked me if I was expecting, I told her yes and she said, "I couldn't even tell!" Grreeattt... you think I'm a fat lady shopping at a maternity store because I like pants with stretchy waist bands. Fantastic. If you work at Motherhood Maternity, don't ask someone if they are pregnant. They are. And if they aren't, you are embarrassing them by pointing out that they are a non-pregnant person buying giant maternity clothes. Not cool.
Oliver is getting tougher and tougher to tote around on my hip and I get winded pretty easily carrying him up and down stairs. I'm glad to have Austin home for a bit helping me out. He's the bomb. Oliver is going to have a hard time with a new baby, I already know it. He is pretty rough with babies, he likes to maul them. And he is pretty selfish about his mamma. He still enjoys being held by me a lot. I try not to take that for granted however, because I know one day very soon he will not ever want to be held by mommy anymore so I am soaking up the time I have with him in my arms.
Here is an awkward tummy picture, I don't take a lot of these. Notice even my arm is gaining weight, no don't. But for documentation, and because I have a hard time doing a post without a picture, here she is:
And I can't leave out this beauty. Overalls and a tractor for Christmas from his Idaho grandparents!
No comments:
Post a Comment