Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Warning: Ooey, gooey, lovey, dovey, mushy blah blah blah Ahead

I blog a lot about Shark because, well, he is a major part of my life and I want to remember our time together. However, my husband is another major part of my life and today I want to recognize him.

This week Bear will take his last tests at BYU. This week he is no longer a student, but an alumni. I am so proud of him for the work he has put in to his education and to his job so I am able to stay home and take care of my child/ren. But it doesn't stop there. He has done so much in his short 25 years. The good choices he made growing up have proven themselves time and time again and he has been blessed beyond belief. And now I get to benefit from those blessings. He has always been very dedicated to his education and at the same time has always made plenty of time to serve those around him and make friends with every person he meets. He genuinely cares about everybody. I mean EVERYBODY. This guy gets pretty emotionally invested in the lives of the people around him. It's a quality I really admire in him. He loves unconditionally. He serves without reservation. He lives life to the fullest.

I also have to put in a word about the amazing father he is. My heart melts every time I get to witness him teaching our son how to use a spoon, or trying to force the word "mama" out of him because he feels bad for me that he only says "dada", or making the poor boy laugh so hard he can't crawl straight.  He has taken on the responsibility of bathing Shark before bed every night and I like to stand in the doorway and spy on him washing his hair and carefully rinsing to avoid getting soap in Sharky's eyes. I love standing in the kitchen and hearing them singing songs and splashing each other, or making up a new game with the toys in the tub. He is always teaching, he explains every thing he does to Shark. I always kind of shake my head and mumble something like, "he has no clue what you are talking about" but he will someday and his little sponge of a brain is taking in more than I realize. The role of a father came very naturally to Bear.

Here are some pictures of Austin as a kid that his father sent to me today. Enjoy.

No doubt, this is a shot from a trip to Lake Powell. His family was always up to something exciting.

This is Austin with his two older brothers, Kyle, and Ryan, who he admires very much.

 He was so adorable! Love his blonde hair (preview of what Oliver will look like)



Austin is the slouching, grumpy looking little guy in the middle. So cute!

Well there you have it. I realize people don't really like mushy, love posts but sometimes a gal has to gush a little about the big hunk in her life. If you've got one of your own, you understand. If you don't yet, you are probably gagging.

2 comments:

  1. I am not gagging. I love posts about love and this one is great. Perfect amount of much ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our little guys really do have a lot in common, Davie doesn't know that he is saying da-da but he says it ALL the time (what a punk) and David is always intricately explaining things to Davie. Haha and you read my mind because I am always sitting there thinking "he has no idea what you are saying" and then Davie will do what David told him to do or learn something new that I have been trying to get him to do for weeks. Those little boys sure do love their dads. Oh and a mushy post every now and then is always warranted :)

    ReplyDelete