So I'm having another baby and I thought I should clear up a few questions. Yes we have heard of TV. We also know what birth control is. I realize I was married for about a day when I got pregnant with Oliver and that wasn't a surprise/accident. We planned that. And I realize Oliver was only 7 months old when we got pregnant AGAIN and that also was not a surprise/accident. We like our babies and we want a bunch of them so we thought we ought to get started sooner rather than later. SO now maybe baby #3 won't be a very big surprise to you?
Yesterday we had our first doctors appointment and ultrasound. For both pregnancies this appointment has made me kind of nervous. I always think I will get on the ultrasound table and they won't see anything in there and they will think I am a crazy person. This first trimester is hard for me because I don't feel pregnant and I start wondering if I really am. I end up taking 1000 pregnancy tests because they are my only proof. So I am pleased to announce that the ultrasound DID show a baby in there. I guess I really am pregnant!
I'm trying to pick out symptoms that might be part of pregnancy. There are definitely more than last time. I have felt a little sick a few times. I am tired. But am I tired because I am keeping up with an 8 month old baby? Probably. My pants are absolutely tighter but let's be honest...that was happening regardless. And that's about all I can come up with so far. I am grateful that pregnancy doesn't put me completely out of business. Wait! I have been getting way more headaches than usual (usual=none) and I suppose that could be a pregnancy symptom. Having a symptom-less first trimester gives me a really bad attitude towards other pregnant ladies. During my last pregnancy especially. I would always roll my eyes at every complaint and I just thought, "Seriously, being pregnant isn't THAT hard." But I am more compassionate this time. I still don't have anything worth complaining about but I have had a little taste of those first trimester inconveniences. And I know that I hate hate hate being nauseous more than anything else so it must be pretty miserable. Throwing up is the worst. So I do feel bad for all my sickies, it just takes me a minute :)
I hope I didn't just jinx myself into a miserable pregnancy. I really do realize how fortunate I am.
I see no problem with wanting to have all your kids as close as you are physically able/ comfortable with. I have a friend who has 5 girls and the oldest is barely six! But they all seem to get along great, so I figure why not?! Congrats!!
ReplyDelete