Thursday, September 20, 2012

Road Trip!

I have a dear friend who is as crazy as I am. One night we said, "Let's go to Oregon" and we left at 8 the next morning. This is a 14 hour drive we're talking about with two babies and their children (haha get it?)  Lisa, the friend, is from Oregon City so we would be staying with her family. Her baby is Cooper, who has definitely been in this blog before. He's Oliver's best friend. Cooper is 10 months old and Oliver is 8 1/2 months old. 47 days apart. They did an AWESOME job on the road. We stopped for lunch and dinner and let them out to crawl around and stretch their legs and then it was right back in the car. They are the best little travelers ever. We left the dads at home. They have lives.

We had three goals for this road trip. Go to the Portland, OR temple, visit a beach, and tour the Tillamook Cheese Factory. Mission accomplished. The Portland temple is really really amazing and gorgeous. It was a great experience. We bundled the cheese factory and beach trip into one day because they were close to each other.




Watching them package the cheese. Fact: It takes 10 lbs of milk to make 1 lb of Tillamook Cheese


These kids LOVED the sand. It was so cool. They had so good and dirty fun. It was amazing the things that went into their mouths. I don't even want to think about it. Oliver did not like the water, I don't blame him, it was f-f-f-freezing. Cooper didn't even flinch though. He crawled right into the waves and was even swept away once..oops. 









Eating sand by the handfuls makes for a thirsty baby.





This picture is so cute. I love his baby bum and chunky thighs toddling around the beach. 








We spilled some crackers and the seagulls swarmed. Babies enjoyed chasing them away.





"Wait! This one is still good!"




Fearless





This is post the near death sweep away. I saw his tiny life flash before his eyes underneath that wave. 



We made it home last night around 11:30 which is when I found an invitation to Jessica Warden's bachelorette party that took place earlier that night so here is my public apology for missing that. I was super bummed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment