Waking up to an oven full of muffins was the best thing that ever happened to him. You can't tell here, but he was licking the glass. Next stop--spying on Dad in the shower. It's a good start to a new day!
These guys are my whole world.
I took the leap tonight and deleted my Facebook account. I'm talking real live delete, not just deactivate. I think it is an awesome tool for keeping up with friends and family but I'd like to spend less of my time "keeping up" with other people's lives and spend more time in my own. Because mine is pretty darn good. With a new baby on the way I am having major attachment issues to Oliver. I want to soak up and cherish every little moment we have. He's my best little buddy and it's his life I should be immersing myself in, not everyone else's. I feel like every one of his days are worth documenting and every picture I take is worth posting but frankly, I take way too many pictures to post and how many posts can one write about what a great kid he was today.
Oliver's sleeping habits are improving, sometimes he sleeps so well I want to wake him up because I miss him! We are slowly decreasing the amount of bottles he gets in hope of an easy wean and transition in the coming months. His adorable toofless grin is filling up with little teeth. All the kisses I thought he was giving me have turned out to be him biting my face. I should get that under control but I think it's so cute! He is just playing anyway because Dad and Mom are always nibbling on him. I love watching his personality emerge. He looks a lot like his pops but I think on the inside he is all Mom. He's a very timid and sensitive little soul. Animals scare him, heights scare him, sneezes scare him. Almost everything scares him. Still not the dark though, which always amazes me. I can shut him in his room at night and he doesn't care at all. I'd be pretty vocal about being shut in a dark room all by myself. He loves to play catch and his throw is getting better and better. He gets so excited though, that as he throws he crawls closer and closer to me and soon he is in my lap and we are just handing the ball back and forth. Bath time has also become pretty cute. He likes to flip over onto his tummy and stick his whole face into the water. I think he is going for a drink but can't quite keep his eyes and nose out of the water yet. It makes for a good laugh. He is such a boy! He loves to play with anything that moves. If he sees a steering wheel or a set of handle bars his hands are glued to it! Stuffed animals and dolls are not interesting in the least. Everything he picks up he tries to tear apart. He loves yelling and smacking things and ripping paper (including books that I carelessly leave around). He even has a little baby six pack. It is so cute! You can see it really well when he climbs on and off of the couch over and over again. He also loves the cell phones, lap tops, iPad, etc. Tonight he got his fingers on my key board and pulled up the "P" key which is now very difficult to press. I have a feeling I am in for a lot of things being destroyed in my future. He is already wearing holes in the knees of his jeans and his once white socks are now a grimy shade of brown.
We are looking forward to finding out Baby #2's gender in the coming weeks. Our appointment is on November 5th and I keep going back on forth between wanting a boy and a girl. I've been wanting a boy but I pulled out a bag of little baby girl clothes today and my heart just melted! And in my emotional state, now that I'm back on the Pink team, the thought of having another boy makes feel a little sad. It's ridiculous! Austin is a good man for being so patient and understanding with me. I'm generally happy but I have days that I hate everything about my body and I don't want to leave the house (like the day I watched 11 consecutive hours of Law and Order). My hair is also taking a beating right now, it's dry and I have a MILLION little angel hairs from all of my hair falling out after giving birth to Oliver. Fly aways galore. I have a fuzzy head. But I am trying very hard to ignore it and not do anything rash. I really want to grow out my hair and it's times like these that I lose control and cut it. So for now I just look in the mirror less. That is probably a healthy decision regardless of my bad hair days.
I don't know how many of you will stumble upon this blog anymore without me posting the link to Facebook with each new post but I use this as a journal so it's important for me to keep up on it, whether or not anyone else is able to keep up.
Erica.. I love this post! I haven't kept track of how many comments I post on your blog, but hopefully it's not too many. My Facebook is currently "deactivated" for like the 7th time in my life, and it is amazing how much happier I am without it, but always go back after a few months, because I feel like society doesn't understand my reasons for not wanting it, then I feel silly and weak so I just go back. Anyway, thank you for this, because now I just may be able to take the leap and delete it for good! Where it was once so fun to be connected, I feel like it would be the biggest breath of fresh air to not know what is going on in everyone's life. Though I do wonder who will check my blog now too that I will not post on it. Haha. Funny. And while I am relating to you, I also opt to not look in the mirror, and even though some might say that makes me a little insecure, I think it is just my attempt to not be so self obsessed and be comfortable in my own skin. The people who are comfortable with themselves are always the prettiest, no matter what their body type/hair situation.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, sorry for that rant. I just wanted you to know I love and adore how much you love your son and husband, and I just think you are such a beautiful person and I really look up to you.
xoxo
Erica... have you ever let Oliver play with a plastic page protector (the kind you slide scrap book pages in)? My kids loved them because they made crinkle sounds and they could spend a long time trying to actually trash them - maybe it would be frustrating for Oliver they he couldn't tear it though. Yes, I know I just admitted to giving my kid something similar to a plastic bag to play with - but t least I watched them the whole time they were playing with it.
ReplyDelete