Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Summer Time

We have had a beyond crazy summer. We have been traveling like crazy. Several trips to Idaho, a family reunion in Yellowstone and a week in Colorado. In between trips we had to pack up our apartment (amazing all the junk we acquire every time we move) and stuff it all into a storage unit where it stayed while we went on another trip. We came home to well, no home, and stayed with Grandma LeBaron living out of a suit case while we looked for a new place. We needed one that was month to month since Austin graduates in December and we could end up pretty much anywhere when he's done. When we finally found a new place in Lindon, I took a few days (or more) to unpack and I tried not to think about packing up and doing it all over again in just 5 short months. It's amazing how hard it is to unpack with a baby. I never noticed how much I hold and play with him until I tried to simultaneously entertain him and put away some dishes. He wasn't having it. Although, he may have wanted the extra attention because he was in a new place. But I don't really think that because he'd been in a "new" place every weekend all summer long. It's good to finally be settled in. I don't want to go anywhere ever again. Austin and his family made plans to go to Moab for Labor Day weekend, which apparently is next weekend, and I just don't think I can do it. He's on his own this time. As busy as it was, it was a fun summer. Here are a few pictures I liked: I mean..A LOT of pictures. Beware.

I got to spend some quality time with my fabulous niece, Aneleise. We had a tea party with heart shaped cucumbers and celery with peanut butter.


Oliver snuck in and stole the goodies. 


Disclaimer: There are several baby nude's in this post. But he's just So CUTE! Here he is taking a dip in Grandma Leslie's kitchen sink. 


For my dad's birthday we hiked Table Rock and it was HARD. I kept using the excuse that I just had a baby 6 months earlier (and a BIG one at that) but I did make it to the top. And I wasn't last! 


It was super cold at the top. Like a blizzard minus the snow. 


Awesome hiking buddy. Waited for me when I was slow.


First trip to Yellowstone! It was a great family reunion.


Poor little guy slept through Old Faithful. Which wasn't very impressive to me for some reason.


Grandpa LeBaron and all of his grandsons. They are a handful. Or two armful's. 


Brotherly love in Yellowstone



Oliver helped unpack a little. Until he got bored. 


We squeezed in a little friend time, thank goodness!


More of that nudity I warned you about. I love his baby buns!


Dressed up for church.


 Caught Shark looking mischievous in the kitchen



 Dumped out a bag of cereal and helped himself to a snack.




Caught red handed.


It's never ending with this child. He has a favorite place to climb and if I don't constantly watch him he falls flat on his face. 



Last night I made Austin a Back-To-School dinner.


This is the place mat I made for him


The beautiful bouquet of pencil flowers.



Tiger Butter Caramel apple from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory for dessert. MMMM


Then boating for FHE.



Oliver loves anything with a steering wheel and it is really hard to peel his sticky fingers off of it once he gets a good hold. 


Swimming with daddy in the lake


 Air drying with Mom


 He protested when I tried to put him in a clean diaper. Who can say no to this face?











No comments:

Post a Comment