In the morning I woke up to the most amazing view ever. Palisades Reservoir is seriously gorgeous right now! I gave Austin his Father's day present early (Saturday) because he needed it for the rest of our adventures that day. He got a new swimsuit and some sandals. He looked pretty handsome if I do say so myself. We readied ourselves for a day on the lake.... sort of. We did not wear sunscreen, which a lot of people would have done during the ready-ing. It's been extremely hard to want to wear a bra on my sunburnt shoulders these past few days. The manly-men went wake boarding and impressed all us girls, and the girls sat around on the boat in our swimsuits impressing all the manly-men. It was a blast.
We had a full house, Austin's aunt and uncle stayed with their 5 adorable children ages 4-12 and we had a lot of fun chasing them around and taking them on little nature hikes. My parents, my oldest sister, Shara, and her cutie-pie daughter, Aneleise (5), her boyfriends two children, JD and Ariana (6 and 4), my sister Whitney and her husband with their daughter Ellie (2), my sister Katelyn and her fiance, Jared, and Bear, me and Oliver. So to paint you a picture, we had 1 six month old, 1 two year old, 3 four year olds, 2 five year olds, 1 six year old, a niner and a twelve. That's a lot of kiddos runnin' around the woods.
I didn't get any pictures (dang!) but I stole a few from my mom.
My dad does this balancing act with every baby that comes his way. It's pretty cute.
Can't go to the cabin without stopping for a square ice cream cone! Why are they so good?!
My niece, Ellie. She is a doll!
Me driving my dad around in the boat, showing off the skills I absolutely don't have.
We got flagged down to give some folks a jump. It didn't work. So we towed em' to the docks.
Me and my babe, check out the gorgeous scenery behind us!
On Sunday we wrapped up our weekend with a little hike. We brought the stroller to carry Shark and Ellie and it was a champ on that trail. We got ourselves some cones and headed back to the lake for one last boat ride with my mom and dad. My mom showed us an awesome little cove and it was so peaceful and beautiful. I had no doubt that it was the work of our loving Heavenly Father. I'm so grateful for all the fathers that have been a part of my life. I'm grateful to my dad for always being there for me and loving me. I'm grateful to my father-in-law for teaching Bear how to treat a lady. He is a hard worker and such a gentleman and I'm 100% positive that he learned that from his dad. And I'm grateful to Bear for being the best dad for our son. They love each other to the moon and back. And they love me to :) I'm one lucky gal.






This is sweet. Sounds like such a fun little get away and SO gorgeous! And I know I say this every time but your son is one of the cutest babies I've ever seen..
ReplyDelete