Tuesday, May 8, 2012

And the Mother of the Year Award goes to...

I haven't had much to blog about lately, as busy as this new baby keeps me, there is surprisingly nothing going on. So I decided since I probably come off as the perfect mother sometimes (wink-wink), that I would post about my most recent imperfections to make all the other mother's feel better about themselves. (I hope you caught the sarcasm there.)

The other day I was leaving the grocery store and carrying my PLASTIC grocery bag in the same hand that I was carrying the car seat. The swinging bag of food hitting the baby in the face didn't bother him at all, in fact,  he found the bag to be pretty entertaining. As you all know, babies that age put everything in their mouths. I always feel bad sticking him in the back seat alone because he isn't interested in toys and I think he gets lonely back there all by himself. So of course I thought "Oh cool, this can keep him busy while we drive home!" I pull out of the parking lot and realize I just gave my 4 month old baby a plastic bag to play with. To stick in his mouth and cover his nose and suffocate on. So I had to pull over and take it away.

Today Oliver was getting restless and fussy and it wasn't time to eat and it was too early for bed so I decided to take him on a walk to make him chill out. He loves walks, thank goodness. His car seat clicks into the stroller so I set him in and picked him up. Go figure I didn't buckle the straps. The handle didn't snap into place so as I lifted the car seat off the ground gravity didn't do me any favors and poor baby Shark fell out and landed right on his face. He cried harder than he ever has. You know the kind of cry when their little face turns red and they don't breathe. Fortunately he didn't fall from very high and I think most of the trauma was emotional. It was a scary fall, not a painful one, from what I can tell. It still wasn't time to eat but I fed him anyway to stop him from crying. He's an emotional eater. A warm bottle can mend his entire world. He probably gets that from me...did I just say that?

Of course I should add a cute picture or two of my living, breathing, still healthy baby boy.



I will never get over this adorable hat!




 Love those rosy cheeks!



This picture is a little blurry but you can obviously see the intensity of the story being told here!
It's gripping. 




Be happy and don't beat yourself up over, well, beating up your child. I can't do any worse than my parents did to me and I turned out just fine. 


3 comments:

  1. You are hilarious! It looks like he's doing ok in spite of your human-ness:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to change Davie in the car while running errands the other day and as I lifted him off the seat I smacked his head into the car on the way out... I felt so horrible! Good thing babies are resilient, no?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do this totally happened to me today and I had to come and read it to help me feel better. He rolled down the small set of stairs. Apparently he rolls.....

    ReplyDelete