Tuesday, April 24, 2012

4 Months and Still Alive!

Today was Shark's 4 month well-baby visit. He weighs almost 17 lbs (wowie) which puts him in the 77th percentile for weight. He is 27.5 inches tall which puts him in the 99.9 percentile for height, he got mamma's genes..grrrreat. Good luck finding pants that are long enough, Oliver. He has successfully met all of the regular 4 mo milestones and this Thursday he has a consultation to get his circumcision which should have been taken care of a LONG time ago, like 4 months ago when he was born. I will be so relieved to have that all done. It makes me nervous that he will have to be put under general anesthesia but I will survive. It's funny that I can sedate people like nobody's business all day at work but when I'm on the patient side of it, or rather, my child, it is suddenly a major big huge scary deal. I will stop criticizing and complaining about the over protective moms that bring their children to me now.

A piece of exciting news--in the last month and a half Austin has lost 18 lbs and I have lost 25. If you count since last Decemeber I have lost 55 lbs in 4 months, but I think having a baby discredits most of that weight loss. But we are having fun working out and and feeling good about our bodies. I've probably eaten more vegetables in the last month and a half than I have in all of my 20 young years. I'm still adjusting to that. For some reason there are certain vegetables that wreak havoc on my gag reflex. I can't even look at them without dry heaving. It's juvenile and pathetic, I know.

Doc says Shark can start eating solid foods, which is funny to call them solids because its just soupy, pureed peas and squash and there is nothing solid about it. It's really cute to watch and along with Mom's long legs, Oliver also inherited that same gagging-at-vegetables trait. It's so cute! Probably not to him...

Austin has the summer off of school and I'm pretty jealous that he gets to stay home and do whatever he wants. He would kill me if he knew I said that because he works very hard. It just seems like when you work from home it's not really working. I find myself expecting too much of him, like having the house clean and dinner made when I get home and I get upset for a second when it's not done but I just have to remind myself that he is working too. Lucky guy could roll out of bed and work in his pajamas all day if he wanted. He doesn't do that though. He still gets up bright and early, showers, gets dressed and goes to "the office" which I have named Austin's Laboratory. He's so disciplined! He can stay in there working for hours. I could never do it.


  I love this scared face!  

He loves his papa so much!

This little gem is his fist solids experience. Enjoy. 


This quick video clip was for Grandma but I like it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment