I'm excited to move to Texas and have all the amenities I've been without for the last year. My pregnant cankles will thrive in the hot sticky environment that is Dallas. However, I'm a little nervous that I'll be in some sort of shock and start spending all of my money. Camden has turned my life very simple and we go without a LOT of things that I used to think were necessary. I will miss the great friends I have made here terribly but I am grateful for the time I've had with them.
We will have some assistance with selling our house and I hope it goes quickly. I hope someone loves it as much as I do but if they don't... I don't really care as long as they're buying! I don't want to hear any of your nightmare stories of having a house sit empty for years. Only positive vibes and lots of prayers that it goes quickly. I can't handle the stress, I'm a bit of a basket case already. This will be our 8th move in 3 1/2 years! And I've been pregnant during almost all of them.
Now on to the really exciting news. Does that seem like old news? I feel like I've been keeping it a secret for a long time (17 weeks) but also telling just enough people that I kind of felt when I announced that everyone would be like, "um yeah we know." So show some enthusiasm for me. The third baby doesn't get nearly the attention and excitement of the first and even second. Due October 23rd, by the way. I don't think I mentioned that yet. I tried very hard to keep it under wraps until I found out the gender but I talked to my whole family over Skype last night and I just blabbed. 3 weeks short of my ultrasound! I suck.
I've been feeling great and I've been making a very conscious (and borderline obsessive) effort to keep my weight under control. That seems to be my hardest part of pregnancy--blowing up like a whale. And not in the normal pregnant way. Oliver was fed a diet of mainly corn dogs in the womb and Vivian thrived on ice cream. It's a problem. Or, WAS a problem rather. This time will be different.
Oliver is kind of getting the picture when I talk about the baby. Every time he gut punches me or pounces on me in bed and I tell him, "Careful! Don't hurt the baby in my tummy!" I'm sure the baby is fine but dang, his 35 lbs can pack a punch! And it hurts me so I use the baby to my advantage. He pokes his sticky finger in my belly button and in a very curious and confused voice asks, "Baby in da hole?" Yep. There's a baby in my hole.
Some other Oliver antics:
"When will the baby wake up?"
"Does the baby eat lunch?"
"Does the baby watch Cat in the Hat?"
"Can the baby jump on the trampoline or is he too little?"
Kids are hilarious and very entertaining. He's started getting worried though, and tells me the baby needs to stay little and stop growing like the baby in his tummy. His is never coming out. His words.
So that's the run down on our lives right now. Wish us luck!



No comments:
Post a Comment