(Dec 2012) Austin graduated from BYU and turned 25. Oliver turned 1. We moved from Lindon, UT to Shelley, ID.
FEBRUARY- Austin got a job at Lockheed Martin in Camden, Arkansas and we packed up our lives and moved south. Austin and I had our 2 year anniversary.
MARCH- Oliver learned to walk and got even cuter. We experienced the loudest and most intense thunderstorms of our lives. We got a dog from our neighbor and our landlord wouldn't let us keep it so it moved back across the street.
JUNE- I flew back to Idaho/Utah alone with two babies because I was homesick and stayed for 3 weeks. I was called as a counselor in the Young Women's.
JULY- We put an offer in on what would be our very first house! We really are grown ups now! Oliver had his first major surgery (his circumcision) He was hilarious under anesthesia. He woke up very angry and upset. It broke my heart. My sister, Shara, and my sweet niece, Aneleise, came to visit. We visited a little museum in Smackover and a BIG museum in Little Rock. It was nice to relax and watch Oliver beat up on his big cousin. Once, while driving, we saw the back end of a deer bounding into the trees and Aneleise yelled, "Look! A kangaroo!" We do live out in the wild but, not THAT wild.
AUGUST- We drove to the gulf and it was our first time there. Vivian's first beach trip. Trying to close on the house but it is just dragging.
SEPTEMBER- Finally closed on our house and became real homeowners! We love our new house. My mom and dad came and helped us move in. Our 7th move in our 2 years of marriage. My mom unpacked my kitchen and my dad helped us put some paint on the walls and clean the gutters. Oliver said goodbye to diapers and started using the toilet.
OCTOBER- My grandmother, Venla, passed away and I returned home to Idaho (alone again with the babes) for the funeral. I stayed for 3 weeks again and visited friends and family. Oliver got to go Trick-or-Treating with his cousin, Ellie. He was a police officer and she was a rainbow. I dressed up as a robber and my sister, Shara made Vivian into a bag of money.
NOVEMBER- My sister, Katelyn, came to visit and stayed for 2 1/2 weeks. We had our first solo Thanksgiving and invited the elders and the sister missionaries over for dinner. It was kind of a flop.
DECEMBER-At the start of this month Austin and I cut out sugar and grains from our diets. (we have indulged at a couple Christmas parties and today, on Christmas.) We feel way better and have each lost 11 lbs. We also started a spending fast where we only spend money on needs and don't buy anything extra. Fortunately, I had already got all of our Christmas shopping done by then ;) That's why none of you got a Christmas card or gift from us because we really are not spending ANY money. But we still love you and will make it up next year! We will be on the fast until July. And hopefully will have all student loans paid and a good looking savings account. I came up with my New Year Resolutions and have actually been working on them for a couple of months now. 1) Better posture. 2) Use a cutting board (I have ruined many surfaces with knives) And the third is more of a family resolution to recycl. We are going to set up a system for sorting and start taking our stuff to the recycle bins at Austin's work. And of course, it's Oliver's 2nd birthday. We are in for another crazy year.
We have been blessed far beyond what we deserve. I have two beautiful, healthy children, a roof over our heads, food on our table, and a hard working hunky husband. I can't wait to see what another year brings. Merry Christmas to you all! We love you! Feel free to come visit :) We'll make it worth your while!










No comments:
Post a Comment