I can't believe already a month has gone by. I am really enjoying having Oliver in our home. Being a mom is like nothing I've ever done before. Austin is the best help a girl could ask for. There is no way I could do this on my own. I am very tired and worn out but always smiling. Ollie is growing way too fast. Today he graduated out of newborn size clothes. RIP cute tiny things. Thank goodness he is still in a newborn size diaper, that would just be too much to handle.
He is starting to find his voice, slowly but surely. He makes little cooing noises and flaps his arms around. It melts my heart. He still screams like a banshee at nearly every diaper change but he's getting a little more used to that cold wipe on his bare cheeks. But boy can this child wail! His entire body will turn bright red and he will just belt it out. Fortunately, he makes up for it with all of the cute things I catch him doing. He's almost got the smile down and sometimes I'm able to coax it out of him. This morning I was feeling especially sleepy and he started fussing so rather than get up, I just put him in bed with me and crossed my fingers that I could keep sleeping. And I did. At one point I opened my eyes to check on him and he wasn't even asleep, he was just staring right back at me, watching me sleep. What an angel! I needed that extra hour this morning and I am so grateful he let me have it.
At his two week check up, he weighed 9lbs 14 oz which put him in the 78th percentile for weight, his head was in the 68th percentile, which is surprising because I feel like Austin and I both have pretty huge heads, and his height (still 22.5 in) was in the 95th percentile. He's such a long baby! I love every inch of him.
I'm still learning how to function and live a normal persons life. My house gets messy very quickly and I get agitated when I'm not able to pick up. It's especially frustrating that Ollie loves to blow out his diaper every time I change him into clean clothes. Dirtying everything I put on him after only a few minutes isn't the annoying part ( well, not the MOST annoying part) because I expected that to come with a baby. The annoying part is that I live in an apartment with no washer or dryer. I have a laundromat on the other side of the complex. It's tough to find a few minutes to run all of my stuff over there and it gets so expensive trying to keep up with all of his poopy clothes and all of my shirts covered in baby barf. I tried hand washing things for a few days but I can't keep up with that either. So for now, I'm just throwing things in a pile on the floor and hoping they disappear.


Oh how I just love you Erica!
ReplyDeleteWe have the same bear suit. I think it's one of those irresistible little pieces of clothing that makes everyone want to cuddle the baby
ReplyDelete